DEVELOPMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR SUMMER ‘21
With a favorable epidemiological situation and an increasing number of vaccinated citizens, Montenegro is becoming a favorite destination of more and more countries that are renewing air traffic to it. After a long pause, on June 10th, the new national airline Air Montenegro had the first flight to e-Belgrade and for the moment will obtain with serving regional routes. Russia, Kazakhstan and Istanbul have also resumed direct flights to Montenegro.
On June 23, the French government included Montenegro on the "green list" for travel. Also, as of Sunday, June 19, Montenegro has fulfilled the conditions prescribed by the European Center for Disease Prevention (ECDC) for the inclusion of our country in the green list of the European Union. If Montenegro continues to maintain the current result in the fight against the epidemic in the coming period, we hope that when the EU updates the "green list" in early July, we could be part of it.
Also, Montenegro has expanded the list of countries whose citizens can enter without any restrictions, such as tests or vaccination certificates (find a list of countries below in text).
These are current measures in our country summed up to ease your plans for arrival or stay in our country. New, liberalized measures are valid until July 2nd.
Entry in Montenegro:
- All ports and marinas are open for entry of the yachts and vessels from all countries.
- Airports Tivat and Podgorica are open for the arrival of both private and commercial flights but not all the lines are back running as usual.
- All land border crossings are open for arrival.
- Montenegrin citizens entering Montenegro from the Member States of the European Union and the State of Israel, Republic of Croatia and Republic of Albania, the Russian Federation, the Swiss Federation, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, the Republic of Serbia, Republic of Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of North Macedonia, the Kingdom of Norway and the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as citizens of: Member States of the European Union and the State of Israel, Republic of Croatia and Republic of Albania, the Russian Federation, the Swiss Federation, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, the Republic of Serbia, Republic of Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of North Macedonia, the Kingdom of Norway and the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as citizens of Montenegro and foreigners with permanent or temporary residence in these countries or have stayed in these countries for minimum 15 days before entering to Montenegro, can enter Montenegro without having the test for a new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) or proof that at least fourteen days before entering Montenegro they have been vaccinated with the second dose of vaccine against the new coronavirus.
- Negative PCR not older more 72 hours, or positive IgG test not older than 30 days or confirmation that person has been vaccinated and revaccinated more than 14 days before arrival in Montenegro is needed for arrival from other countries.
- Passengers and crew of yachts, passenger ships and vessels entering Montenegro are allowed to come to our country with negative results of the PCR test, which was not older than 72 hours at the time of embarkment.
- Masks are obligatory in all closed spaces.
- Bars and restaurants have not limitation in working hours, it’s usually from 7:00 until 01:00h, with a maximum of 4 people per table. Music is allowed on the terrace.
- Supermarkets, markets, shopping malls, boutiques, beauty salons, hairdressers and similar, have no more limitations in working hours.
- Gyms and fitness centers are open also without limitations.
- Public events, private gatherings, celebrations, parties, weddings, in outdoor public places and terraces/gardens of a hospitality facility are allowed with the presence of 100 persons.