In cooperation with the Nautical Maritime Center Porto Montenegro - Tivat, prestigious British Academy for the training of seafarers opens the department in Montenegro. Warsash Superyacht Academy offers training for nautical and shipbuilding personnel. They also offer training for the so-called "White staff" (stewardess, hostesses and catering staff). By opening this training center, WSA will improve its training facilities, while Porto Montenegro will further expand its services for superyachts.
Warsash Superyacht Academy will launch of courses in Montenegro this autumn.
Current and planned investment includes:
· High tech campuses for deck and engineering training;
· A state-of-the art simulation centre with six full-mission bridges and an engine room;
· Safety training centre including a purpose-built fire school, helicopter underwater escape trainer, survival pool and medical rooms;
· GMDSS radio communications and dynamic positioning (DP) facilities;
· New cyber security centre with cutting-edge interactive training suites;
· New superyacht training facilities at Porto Montenegro;
· New superyacht master’s degree, MSc Superyacht Design;
· Two new vessels at the world’s leading ship-handling centre.
Marina with 450 berths (up to 250 meters), 24 hours of assistance for captains and crew, VAT benefits, seafaring training center, agents, brokers, nearby shipyards, makes Porto Montenegro a real yachting homeport base in the Mediterranean.