Current Covid-19 measures in Montenegro
The Government of Montenegro has adopted new Covid-19 measures, which will be valid from December 30, 2021 to January 12, 2022.
New entry requirements - from January 2, 2022
Montenegrin citizens and foreigners can enter Montenegro across all border crossings with one of two proofs, which are:
- Completely vaccinated against COVID-19 issue by a registered health institution and not older than six months since having the last dose
- Proof that a person has recovered from Covid-19 (passed not less than 10 days and not more than 180 days from a positive PCR or a rapid antigen test)
In both cases, the person must possess either a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours or a rapid antigen test not older than 48 hours.
If a person does not have any of these documents, then 10 days of isolation is mandatory. Persons can have their self–isolation terminated after three days of quarantine, with a negative PCR test.
Masks are obligatory in all closed spaces
Bars and restaurants work until 22:00 h (from 1st January 2022). Music is not allowed.
Entrance into the inside of the restaurants and bars, theatres, cinemas, museums, galleries is possible with one of the proofs from the National digital COVID certificate*
Supermarkets, markets, shopping malls, boutiques, beauty salons, hairdressers and similar, have no limitations in working hours
Ban on public events, private gatherings, celebrations, parties, weddings.
* National digital COVID certificate
- completely vaccinated against COVID-19 issue by a registered health institution, and not older than six months since having the last dose
- negative PCR test on SARS-Cov-2 not older than 72 hours
- proof that a person has recovered from COVID-19 (passed not less than 10 days and not more than 180 days from a positive PCR or a rapid antigen test) or
- negative antigen rapid test - BAT not older than 48 hours